Install Tomcat 7 or Tomcat 7.0.26 or Tomcat 6 or Tomcat 5 on Ubuntu 11.10 or Ubuntu 11.04 or Ubuntu 10.10 or Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
While it is possible that older versions of Tomcat may not be compatible with newer JVMs, all the currently supported Apache Tomcat versions (5.5.x, 6.0.x and 7.0.x) are known to run correctly on Java 6 JVMs. (Ref-http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html)
we’ll download and extract Tomcat from the apache site
Find the appropriate installation version from : http://apache.hoxt.com/tomcat/, Download it manually or by wget command from the console.
Installing Tomcat 7 on Ubuntu. If you are running Ubuntu and want to use the Tomcat servlet container, you should not use the version from the repositories as it just doesn’t work correctly. Instead you’ll need to use the manual installation process that I’m outlining here. Before you install Tomcat you’ll want to make sure that you’ve installed Java.
Use Synaptic Package Manager to install Java.
Extract Tomcat files
Start the Tomcat
Open the default Page
To access Management Console
Add the Above Role and change the role of existing users as per requirement and then access Manager App
Other Interesting Tomcat related Articles:
- How to Create and Run Web Project (Java) in Eclipse (clean-clouds.com)
- How to Solve Servlet Errors in Eclipse? (clean-clouds.com)
- How to add Tomcat 7.x in Eclipse? (clean-clouds.com)
- How to Export WAR file from Eclipse to Tomcat (clean-clouds.com)
- How to debug Web Application remotely with Eclipse Indigo and Tomcat 7.0.22? (clean-clouds.com)
- Tomcat Server running as Windows service (clean-clouds.com)
- How to customize the location of the tomcat logging.properties file? (clean-clouds.com)
- Install Tomcat 7 or Tomcat 7.0.26 or Tomcat 6 or Tomcat 5 on Ubuntu 11.10 or Ubuntu 11.04 or Ubuntu 10.10 or Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (clean-clouds.com)