Cloud Service Providers
- Emphasis on Cloud Security
- Governance and compliance will gain more visibility
- Emphasis on High Availability, stronger SLAs with better coverage for liabilities, managed support services, etc. Features like HA, Strong SLAs, etc. will become standard features in any infrastructure offering.
- Sales, delivery and support models to target larger SMB customers
- Cloud Computing Will Grow Quickly in China.
- North American Midsize Businesses Cite Cloud Intentions
- Cloud Investments Not a Priority for Majority of Enterprises” respectively
- The cloud storage market is also evolving rapidly.
- Amazon will extend its lead over others with the most comprehensive offering on IaaS – competitors will try to carve out their own niche.
- Microsoft will do just enough on office suite to keep competition at bay
- Increased integration among cloud offerings, network services and user devices.
- Explicit recognition of and support for federation of service elements among various cloud providers.
Traditional IT vendors
- Aggressive acquisition strategy by CA, VMware, Redhat, Dell, etc.
- Traditional webhosts repositioning themselves as cloud infrastructure providers
- Traditional enterprise collaboration vendors embracing clouds
- Virtualization is growing both within internal data centers