Amazon s3 can be described as storage for internet.
- Store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web
- highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure of Amazon
- Write, read, and delete objects containing from 1 byte to 5 terabytes
- Unlimited Objects – unique, developer-assigned key to each
- Objects are stored in bucket
- choose a Region to optimize for latency, minimize costs, or address regulatory requirements
- Objects stored in a Region never leave the Region
- Authentication mechanisms
- secure data upload/download and encryption of data at rest
- standards-based REST and SOAP interfaces
- Access control mechanisms: Identity and Access Management (IAM) policies, Access Control Lists (ACLs), bucket policies, and query string authentication.
- Reduced Redundancy Storage (RRS)
- Amazon S3 enables you to utilize Amazon Glacier’s extremely low-cost storage service as a storage option
- There is no Data Transfer charge for data transferred within an Amazon S3 Region via a COPY request.
- AWS Import/Export accelerates moving large amounts of data into and out of AWS using portable storage devices for transport.
- Common Use Cases