It distributes incoming application traffic (workload) across multiple Amazon EC2 instances.
- It can be used to achieve fault tolerance
- Detects unhealthy instances within a pool and automatically reroutes traffic to healthy instances until the unhealthy instances have been restored.
- It works within a single Availability Zone or across multiple zones
- It can be used in Amazon VPC
- Ability to stick user sessions to specific EC2 instances
- Supports SSL termination at the Load Balancer
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6
- Common Uses
- Better Fault Tolerance
- Auto Scaling with Elastic Load Balancing
- Elastic Load Balancing in your Amazon VPC
- User can create up to ten (10) Elastic Load Balancers per region