The CloudBees platform delivers reliable and elastic on-demand resources, unlimited scalability, and a seamless transition from development to production. Pay only for what you use… and many subscriptions are free!
CloudBees is also the provider of Nectar, a Continuous Integration offering for enterprises built on top of the world’s most popular Continuous Integration server: Jenkins (previously known as Hudson).
- First Platform as a Service for Java
- End-to-end environment, from development through to production
- work optimally in the cloud’s distributed, online environment
o No waste time maintaining and managing the hardware infrastructure.
- Deploy any Java web application
- CloudBees platform runs on Amazon’s IaaS.
- Designed to allow you to choose your preferred Infrastructure as a Service vendor. You can deploy on a private cloud, public cloud or hybrid cloud.
- Scale DUO (up, down and out) capabilities
- High-availability and failover support
- Based on FOSS and open standards
- Allows secure multi-tenant deployments, including fully integrated management, monitoring, metering and billing infrastructure
- Back-end management system ensures maximum performance, uptime and availability
- Jenkins Continuous Integration (CI) server
- Jenkins as a Service – DEV@cloud is a subscription service for Jenkins servers running in the cloud
- Private and secure Maven repositories
- User management features to securely administer your team’s access rights and privileges
- Private and secure SVN and Git repositories
- A growing set of integrated partner solutions to instantly extend functionality of the core CloudBees platform
- RUN@cloud builds on the power of the CloudBees platform to allow developers to quickly and easily deploy Java applications to the cloud.
- It brings traditional application server functionality to the cloud, providing load balancing, scalability and high availability for web applications, Java EE applications and Spring applications.
Sample Application (Time & Expense) Deployment on CloudBees
Successful creation of an account will trigger:
3. CloudBees Home
4. Before using CloudBees Services, User must subscribe to the services
Click on Add Services
Click on “Learn more”,
To subscribe for RUN@Cloud service:
To subscribe for DATABASE service which:
5. Now, we are ready to deploy sample application.
6. Create an Application
7. Give Application Name and Select Application Type
8. We have war file ready for sample application (Time & Expense) so we will upload the war file from local machine.
9. Application is deployed successfully.
10. Version History
11. Visit http://timenexp.cleanclouds.cloudbees.net/ to verify the successful Application deployment.
12. Now, we need to create database and change the database setting at application level so application deployed at CloudBees can use it. We will use CloudBees Database for which we have subscribed before.
13. Click on “Add New Database”
Database name: settletest
14. Database Ready (5 MB Free)
15. Connect to following server with mysql Client and run Database Scripts
16. Now we need to change the database setting at application level as per
17. And Redeploy the application on CloudBees
18. Use CloudBees SDK to deploy the subsequent version of the application since it upload only changes and not the whole Application. (Download CloudBees SDK and use it.)
19. Now use Application @ http://timenexp.cleanclouds.cloudbees.net/ and Enter some details to verify database working.
20. Application Operations
21. Server Logs for Application
22. Application Configuration
- Java PaaS (gevaperry.typepad.com)