openSUSE is an operating system built on top of the Linux kernel. It is sponsored by SUSE and a number of other companies and developed by the community-supported openSUSE Project. Novell decided to release the SUSE Linux Professional product as a 100% open source project the current stable release is openSUSE 13.1. It comes in several editions for the x86 and x86-64 architectures such as Download Edition, Retail Edition or Box, FTP, Factory, and Tumbleweed.
- YaST Control Center: installation and administration program
- AutoYaST: for automatic installation
- ZYpp package management: Linux software management engine
- Build Service: tool to compile, release and publish their software
- Desktop innovation
- Xgl and Compiz: for graphics
- KDE Desktop innovations
Configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
you need to install C/C++ development libraries to solve the issue.
insert openSUSE 12.2 installation media which contains various packages and execute following command to install C/C++ development library.
zypper install kernel-source make gcc gcc-c++
- How to create User and User Groups in openSUSE 12.2 (clean-clouds.com)