What is Hypertable
Hypertable is an open source database inspired by publications on the design of Google’s BigTable. Hypertable runs on top of a distributed file system such as the Apache Hadoop DFS, GlusterFS, or the Kosmos File System (KFS). It is written almost entirely in C++ for performance.
Potential Use cases:
- Scalability – based on a design developed by Google to meet scalability requirements
- Performance – responsive user experience with less request latency
- Supports wide range of applications – data is sorted by a primary key hence well-suited for a broad range of applications.
- Cost saving – capacity on a tiny proportion of the hardware
- Clean Semantics – consistent database