Information Security – Today, many people are worried about their identity being stolen- and it is important that they do. Being aware of that, you should seek information may be from online pc support providers, on how the can reduce this risk. Here I will provide you with some ways you can keep you information secure and safe and do away with “sleepless nights”
Some people have devoted all their effort to finding ways in which they can get into you computer. These ways may include use of spyware, Trojan or even virus programs. It is the sad truth. A lot of firms rely on malware and spyware to get traffic to their sites, promote their products and install pop-up advertisements on innocent people’s systems. I know those who have been using the internet perfectly understand what I am talking about and the annoyance that they cause.
- People sometimes blame hacking, but the fact of the matter is that it is very rare. What is more common and likely is that the victims have done very little to protect their information. There are many ways that can help you protect your information from other parties. Some of them are:
- One such way is by installing good firewall, virus scanner and a spy scanning program. You can even get these programs for free over the internet. If you want to be safer, go with reputable companies and keep your programs updated.
- However, having this programs installed is not enough, you will need to scan your system regularly. At least you should scan your system on weekly basis-it will only cost you a few minutes and save you more time, effort and money in the long run. You should not even think of disabling you firewall for any reason ever or you might regret.
- It is always a better option to get different emails for different activities like online games, or various forums. Using one email for all your activities is more dangerous, you should have one email at least for your personal information only.
- You should always consider hiding your email on your profile.
- Also, many internet users use one password for multiple accounts if not all. This is one big mistake made by computer users. It is simple to remember but it may cost you a fortune. Try as much as you can to use separate password for each and every site. This will limit someone who may have acquired you password from accessing the other accounts. You can even consider changing your password after some time.
- Do not share your password and login details with anyone whatsoever and avoid using file sharing programs. Programs should only be downloaded from trusted sources and scanned. For those who use instant messaging, don’t allow someone you don’t trust to send you files and always scan them for viruses. Finally ensure you computer is up to date.
In regard to the above information, you may have realized you have become a victim of identity theft of any kind. What you should do is to immediately run to the relevant authorities and report. Don’t wait after damage is done so you can go to report. In addition, you can seek for online computer help which is provided by companies like Urtechies.uk, and have you pc security in place. They ensure you computer has the necessary security software that will keep your machine safe.