In agile development practices, developers need to integrate their work frequently to fix bugs or to create a new feature or functionality. To integrate all work efficiently and verify it is an error-prone and time-consuming manual task. Jenkins is used specifically for continuous integration, helping to enforce the principles of agile development.
This book begins by tackling the installation of the necessary software dependencies and libraries you’ll need to perform continuous integration for a Java application. From there, you’ll integrate code repositories, applications, and build tools for the implementation of continuous integration. Finally, you’ll explore the automated deployment of an application in Tomcat, along with details on managing and configuring Jenkins based on your requirements by using plugins.
What You Will Learn:
- Get to grips with the challenges faced by developer communities
- Learn about continuous integration and how it helps in building various Java applications
- Facilitate the installation and configuration of Jenkins
- Install and configure code repositories and build tools
- Explore the integration of Eclipse with code repositories
- Manage the integration of Jenkins, code repositories, and build tools
- Familiarize yourself with continuous integration for Java applications with unit test execution and static code analysis
Useful Links to purchase the book: