Microsoft Azure provides WebApps services to host any website without configuring a virtual machine. It is a Platform as a Service offering from Microsoft.
Supported Web Applications are:
- Custom web application from Visual Studio
How to deploy Web application into Microsoft Azure Web Apps:
- Deploy a website to Azure directly from their chosen IDE, such as Visual Studio
- Script deployment processes using MSBuild command line tool
- On premises source control systems such as TFS, Git etc.
- Cloud based source control systems such as Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC) in Visual Studio Online (VSO)
To create a new Web App in the Azure Portal
Click NEW in the toolbar on the left and then click Web+Mobile and click on Web App.
In the App Service Name text box, type a unique name
Select valid Subscription
Select appropriate Resource Group
Create or Select Microsoft Azure-App Service plan based on preference
Click Create. Azure creates the new Microsoft Web App
Verify pinned deployment on the Azure Portal
Click on the alert icon to verify the Deployment status
Click on the Event to see more details on Microsoft Azure Web App Deployment
Once deployment is successful, verify resource group components