Large videos can take up a lot of spaces on your hard disk leaving you with no more space to store other types of files. If you want to keep these video files on your computer, you will have to compress them into a format that is smaller size. If you often upload videos and share them on video sharing sites, you should get a video conversion software so that you can compress the videos. If you don’t compress your video, it is going to take much longer to have the video uploaded. It is not recommend to upload the videos without compressing it first because anything could happen when you are uploading and cause you to have to reupload the video file all over again. Continue reading “How to Compress Videos with Movavi Video Converter”
Computer is an electronic device that has been programmed in such a fashion that it can interpret, manipulate it and carry out complex works in just a few seconds. Now a day, People are almost unable to do any mathematical or official work without the use of computers. It also help people to do multiple works at a time. Various mechanical jobs, complex calculations that require the involvement of a lot of people, are easily done by a single computer. With the introduction of new software, complex works have become much faster and easier. Continue reading “Computer Support Services In New York”
What sort of things determine the speed of ADSL and cable?
You may have a choice between getting your Internet via ADSL or via cable, so you’ll want to know what is going to affect the connectivity speeds you can achieve. There are different factors which can have an effect depending on which provision you decide on.
The speed of your Internet is important, especially if you watch video or play video games on line. It can be really irritating if your speed is slow, and costly if you use the Internet for work purposes. So what can have an effect on the level of connectivity speed you can achieve?
What is ADSL, and what can affect its speed?
Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line, or ADSL, allows you to have access to phone, fax and Internet simultaneously, as different signals can travel down the same line. The name alludes to the fact that connection speeds differ spending on whether you are downloading or uploading; the download speed is always significantly faster.
For normal Internet use this doesn’t present a problem as the vast majority of the time you will be downloading data. The speed of ADSL is often determined by how close your location is to the location of the central wiring; the closer you are, the faster your Internet connection is.
How does cable differ from ADSL?
If you are subscribing to a cable provider you will be paying for a certain speed of connection. You can chose a basic package, or you can choose to invest on upgrading so that you attain a higher speed of connectivity. It should be noted that even enhanced speeds can be adversely affected by external factors.
If you are accessing the Internet in an area where a lot of other cable users are also accessing at the same time this is going to reduce the speed you can achieve. It can often be a case of needing to be patient at times of high traffic. You can learn more about the NBN rollout in Tasmania on the iINet blog.
If you’re having problems with the speed of your cable Internet, it’s a good idea to check your modem. If a modem is old then this can cause problems. You need to establish if your modem is compatible with any updates that you need to make. If it isn’t, then you need to take action to remedy the situation. The only way to do this is to replace the modem with a new one. There are two options available to enable you to do this; you can either purchase a modem yourself, or hire one from your service provider.
ADSL and cable can both provide an excellent Internet service but, for both, this service can be reduced by external factors. If you have ADSL, and you live a long distance away from the main center, then you aren’t going to achieve the best speeds. If you have cable, and there is a lot of cable traffic in the area where you live then speeds can be significantly slower at times when a high number of users are attempting to access the Internet.
Open Editor in your self-hosted wordpress blog.
Write following code in the editor after the line:
<!– POST ENTRY END –>
<h3>Last 1000 Articles</h3>
<?php query_posts(‘showposts=1000’); ?>
<?php if ( have_posts() ) : while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
<li><?php the_permalink() ?></li>
<?php endwhile; endif; ?>
Open the Page in Browser to get Last 1000 URLs of your posts in your wordpress blog
If you encounter any error such as
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 131072 bytes) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxxx/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1242
It makes more sense to add the line: define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’64M’);
to wp-config.php – wp-settings.php will be overwritten when you upgrade, but if the value is already defined in wp-config then it uses what is set there.
You can find wp-config.php in cpanel:
Open cPanel and Click on File Manager
Select Web Root
Select wp-config.php and click on Edit and add Line: define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’64M’); at the end of File
Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) is one of the most common modeling techniques. Crow’s foot notation is one of the several ERD notations are available. It was invented by Gordon Everest. Originally, it was known as “inverted arrow” but now as “fork”. For cardinality, a fork or crow’s foot naturally indicates “many”, by its many toes.
Crow’s Foot notation is used in Information Engineering and Barker’s Notation. Crow’s Foot diagrams symbolize entities as boxes, and relationships as lines between the boxes. Different shapes at the ends of these lines represent the cardinality of the relationship.
Components used in the creation of an ERD
Cardinality and modality are indicated at both ends of the relationship line. Once this has been done, the relationships are read as being 1 to 1 (1:1), 1 to many (1:M), or many to many (M:M).
How to use DIO to create ER Diagram in Crow’s Foot notation
Download Dia Diagram Editor
One to one
One to Many
Many to Many
One to Many
North American Electric Reliability Corporation – Critical Infrastructure Protection
- NERC is a non-profit corporation tasked with ensuring the reliability and security of the bulk power transmission system in North America.
- Nine standards covering the security of electronic perimeters, physical security of critical cyber assets, personnel and training, security management, disaster recovery and more. The overriding goal of CIP-002 through CIP-009 (CIP-001 generally isn’t tied to cybersecurity) is to ensure the bulk electric system is protected from unwanted and destructive effects caused by cyberterrorism and other cyberattacks, including attacks from within the utility (i.e., insider threats).
- CIP-001 – Sabotage reporting
- CIP-002 – Critical cyber asset identification: identify critical assets and to perform a risk-based assessment of those assets on a regular basis
- CIP-003 – Security management controls: Policies for monitoring and changing the configuration of critical assets need to be defined, as do policies governing access to internally and externally facing critical assets
- CIP-004 – Personnel and training
- CIP-005 – Electronic security perimeters: A logical perimeter needs to be established around critical cyber assets, including the use of firewalls to block vulnerable ports and attack monitoring tools such as intrusion detection and prevention systems
- CIP-006 – Physical security of critical cyber assets: organizations need to enforce controls on physical access to critical cyber assets
- CIP-007 – Systems security management: Systems for monitoring security events need to be deployed
- CIP-008 – Incident reporting and response planning: Comprehensive emergency response plans for cyberattacks
- CIP-009 – Recovery plans for critical cyber assets: natural disasters and other unplanned events
- More than 100 NERC Reliability Standards
- Requirements for protecting critical assets used in the bulk electric system and the systems that support those assets
- Note: Version 3 of the NERC CIP standards is currently under development, and will focus on inclusion of the level-2 SCADA protocols, encryption of communications, forensics following a cyber incident and closer alignment with the National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST) standards for cyber security.
- Federally designated Electric Reliability Organization that develops and enforces reliability standards and requirements for planning and operating the collective bulk power system
- Accredited by the American National Standards Institute
- It covers resource, transmission, personnel and training, emergency preparedness and the design and maintenance of facilities, including nuclear power facilities.
- Standards, including CIP, mandatory for users, owners and operators of the bulk electric power system, entities that serve specific functions in the electric power network, such as generator owners and generator operators, as well as transmission owners and transmission operators
- NERC CIP is all about management of cyber assets (IT infrastructure) — the systems that support the operation of the bulk electric system. Because much of the infrastructure supporting the bulk electric power system is IP-based, the NERC CIP standards provide guidelines for the identification and management of critical cyber assets, as well as the security (both physical and cyber) of those assets. And, while many of the disaster scenarios facing the electric grid concern natural disasters like hurricanes and floods, increased attention in recent years on cyberattacks on utilities has raised the specter of terrorist- or state-sponsored attacks on the electric grid.
- Penalties – The levying of fines as well as sanctions or other actions against covered entities
Related articles across the web
How to convert any document into word file?
Use CutePDF Writer -> URL
- Just print your document using CutePDF Writer (the printer) to get PDF output.
- Open your original document and select Print command in File menu of your application to bring up Print dialog box.
- Then select CutePDF Writer as the Printer to print (DO NOT select “Print to file” option).
- You will get a Save As dialog box prompted for saving created PDF file.
- Select a folder to Save in and enter a File name, then click on Save.
- Go to that folder to find your PDF file.
* CutePDF Writer supports Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7/8 (x32/x64).
* CutePDF Writer requires PS2PDF converter. You may get a free converter here.
Click On Yes and Allow to Download.
Now Open Any Document. E.g. PDF Document.
Go to File -> Print
Click Ok -> It will ask to save the PDF and Done.